Messaging pillars support our overall brand messaging and brand strategy, and help university communicators identify priority topics. These messaging pillars can help your communication pieces reinforce Tulane University’s place as a world-class research and teaching institution, one that is purpose-driven, service-oriented, and interdisciplinary in its approach, while being embedded in one of the most culturally engaging cities in the world.
Founded to eradicate disease, Tulane’s is always hands-on, driving innovation and impact through curiosity and exploration in research enterprise and student experience. Because we focus on finding new ideas and solutions for the most pressing challenges, students and faculty commit to active service and strive to make a difference.
- The only AAU university in the Gulf South
- A school that gives every undergraduate student, through the common portal of Newcomb-Tulane College, the resources of 5 schools without the boundaries of being in a single college
- A university that offers students a singular space for academic advising, career programming, and success services, providing students access to collaboration, service, and opportunity.
New Orleans is a unique global city with endless energy, creative dynamic ideas, music, culture, and opportunity, that also faces issues common to coastal urban areas. Tulane and New Orleans are inextricably linked, attracting curious and high-achieving students who crave challenging academics mixed with culturally rich, real-world experiences. Our collective story of resilience and progress, of constantly tackling pervasive challenges and celebrating our uncommon cultural riches, creates identity-forming experiences for our students, faculty and alumni.
- An undeniably unique city, in culture, personality, and environment, New Orleans is a living, breathing place that students can experience, connect to, learn from, and grow in
- Local connections to global challenges through centers of excellence like the Tulane ByWater Institute, Prevention Research Center, and combined schools of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- A presence in both uptown and downtown New Orleans, Tulane’s footprint spans the city
Tulane is home to an extraordinary and transformative community; the Tulane experience binds us together and creates a deep sense of connection that transcends generations, backgrounds, and areas of study. We foster exploration and innovation, embrace our differences and build meaningful lives. Our collective character and appreciation for finding our own path unites us, defines our sense of community, and creates uncommon results for our region and the world.
- #1 Most Engaged in Community Service
- Tulane and New Orleans are a truly tight-knit community, with bonds forged from challenges overcome, cultural celebrations we enjoy together, and our shared vision for a better tomorrow
- Fourth consecutive year as the #1 producer of Peace Corps volunteers at the graduate level
Tulane has always met challenges, from addressing the yellow fever epidemics of the 19th century to recovering from Hurricane Katrina. Today we are addressing global problems like COVID-19 through research, collaboration and scholarship. Our history and location, combined with our driving ambition, molds our character. That is why we tackle work that is both timely and relevant, and how we build better future for New Orleans and the world.
- Tulane’s work on Alzheimer’s research, climate change, coastal erosion, and health inequity are a few examples of the University addressing the most pressing challenges of New Orleans, our nation, and the world
- The Brain Institute is linking Main Campus, Health Science Campus, and the Tulane National Primate Research Center to collaborate and impact all brain studies, a true example of cross-boundary research and communication.
Bringing it to Life
Why Tulane is a campaign to engage students, faculty and staff to advance our purpose-driven culture, inspire and motivate our community to strive for excellence and create a lifetime affinity for the institution. This document serves as the campaign manifesto and its content brings the brand purpose, tone and messaging pillars to life.